Tuesday, May 17, 2011

harsh reality

Today we returned home from a long weekend. We welcomed home the USS Kearsarge and my brother in law. It was a heartwarming experience. I laughed, I cried, and we took many pictures. Tonight, as I was going through the pictures I saw a photo that my husband shot of me and my baby girl. Our faces, our reactions, our laughs are the same. I was broken hearted to see that our body types are the same as well. as I was looking at the picture I saw not only my daugter and me....but my daughter and hers, my grand daughter and her daughter, and more generations to come with my influence being passed down. In our house we have been trying to do the 17 day diet....dang near impossible during cycle one while on vacation. I realized tonight that you can chase the miracle fads. You can do all the hollywood try-its. You can even have surgery. It doesnt matter. It isnt until that AH HA moment that you realize IT IS FOR YOU but not only you...for EVERYONE that looks to you for ANY reason.

I don't want this for my daughter. I don't want her to know what I know. See things the way that I see them. I don't want her to EVER have to feel some of the emotions I have faced in my life. All of which were my own doing!!! We destroy ourselves in the name of Fun. We decimate these beautiful temples God has created and for what? A hamburger that, if called beef, would be deemed false advertisement? A night out drinking with the girls? A long series of excuses that there isnt even a legitimate reason for thinking let alone making our reality? We do it to ourselves and then 10 years later we look back and say "what happened?" You know what happened!!!! A conscience decision was made to set our temple aside and enjoy the flesh. the flesh should ultimately be denied. The Bible says that The Flesh can not please God. "For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God" (Romans 8:5-8)."Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" (Matthew 16:24-26).

I am now on my journey to DENY my flesh. To DENY my NEED to destroy my life and the generations that will ultimately follow in my footsteps. God has entrusted this body and the training of my future generations to me!!! I need to pick up my cross and follow him. 

1 comment:

  1. you are so brave to have said all of these words. I love you much and hugs we can do it together?! I've been doing so much, training for the half marathon on turkey day then eating healthier choices after:)

    ReplyDelete