Thursday, March 17, 2011

I am humbled

You've heard the age old saying "smile, you never know who is looking up to you". Yesterday, I was challenged to look at the world around me....and through God's eyes. It was painful. I have come to believe that we as people have become numbed by society to the point that we can't see the pain going on in someone else's lives because we are blinded by lies. In my very own life I let a small fib (if you can call it that) stop me in my tracks and instead of seeing through it with God's eyes I some how chose to just keep going on. What she said was what she meant and that was the end of it. It wasnt until tears of joy and love came pouring from her eyes that I knew I had been wrong. We as people are prideful not only in our lives by what we have accomplished but also in what we as people have accomplished in someone else's life. So today I challenge you....see through the curtain, pray for God's eyes, look for what you may have purposely overlooked before....I challenge you to bless your nearest and dearest in some way today. What is love...if it isnt shared?

With that keep this verse in mind

1 Corinthians 13

 1 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal

No comments:

Post a Comment