Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wasted Time

What do you do daily that wastes your time? I call it my "me time" but is it really? Most of it is spent in front of the computer or on the bed catching up on hgtv....I am starting to realize my me time...is idolness....OH NO you gasp....SHE SPELLED THAT WRONG...NOPE!! Not me! I am really funny about grammatical issues. I mean it. It IS IDOLness. I have become my own IDOL! I want for me, I do for me, I pray for me, I need for me, I suffer FOR ME!! Is any of this wrong? Oh yeah because I do it all the time one way or another.

I have been focusing on becoming the Proverbs 31 woman and I was convicted in today's Doorposts Giveaway that I am not being this woman. This idea that I have that I NEED downtime...its strictly spoken against in the Bible....maybe it doesnt say "thou shalt not watch HGTV" but it does say that we are to stay busy. God doesn't give us bones, muscle, dynamic, and energy to be wasted pushing a remote button back and forth

So my me time and energy are now going to include the following:

Keeping my home so that I may not be consumed by my work but kept busy by my tending (27She looks well to the ways of her household,And does not eat the bread of idleness. )thus springs forth the idea that maybe if I am busy enough...I may not over eat. How many times have I taken this bite or that...just because I am bored, lonely, or just plain and simply NOT PAYING ATTENTION!!!!

Working out ... my body is my temple and i perform better when I feel better. My body needs muscle to burn fat and energy. According to 1 Corinthians 6:19–20 (ESV)
 19 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, 20 for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.
 Ever wonder how much life can be transformed by simply living the way the bible tells us to?
Find Time to Try a New Recipe ... this goes along with proverbs 31 in that
15She rises also while it is still night
And gives food to her household
And portions to her maidens. 

Ever wonder how much life can be transformed by simply living the way the bible tells us to?

1 comment:

  1. this is all a part of what you were reading to me the other night right?? <3

    ReplyDelete