Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I don't know why...

but I have decided to blog again...I think in a way it just makes me feel better. I love sharing my life, my experiences, and the many "treasure boxes" God leaves for me along life's journey. So with that....I am back!!!


So why "The Abiding Mom" you may ask? Well it was something i found when I started trying to homeschool the monkey. I realized I had always been called a supermom and it was starting to really take a toll on me. I struggled to make my kids shine. I wanted to be praised for having the best kids in the world. Yes, I know it seems selfish but you can't say you haven't been there too if you are honest with yourself.....I mean don't we all have a "smarter than the average bear" moment with our kids?

I was losing my battle, and I was losing fast. I decided that I wanted something different. I wanted to be a better mom. I was spending too much time on coupons. I was spending too much time on Facebook, I was spending way too much time playing Frontierville, and I didn't really like being a parent for the most part. I love my kids, don't misunderstand, but I felt like I was failing in so many ways that I wasnt able to keep up and so I really had begun to stop trying. I wasn't a super mom and I wasn't going to try to be one anymore.

Then I found this chart.

I have since slowed down on my "to do" list and started my "to be" list. I love harder, try harder, and even forgive harder. It's life changing when applied....try it....it makes being a mom easier, more fulfilling, and even more joyous....then again....What doesn't feel better when done through the love of Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment